Happiest Moments of my Birthday
1. Opening my cards, especially my nephew Baxter’s, which he had picked himself. It had three Bengal tigers on it, just like Richard Parker from Life of Pi.
2. Listening to Rory Gallagher with my dad, like we used to on our way to work in the van.
3. Nando’s for lunch with the family, despite Bax’s little accident (“Me threw up on my chips”).
4. Reading all my lovely birthday wishes online.
5. Answering Baxter’s very insightful questions about Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade while we watched it on TV (we skimmed over National Socialism somewhat).
6. Pillow-fighting with Baxter on “The Mountain”.
7. Drinking fine whisky with one of my oldest friends, talking blues and guitars and laughing like drains.
8. Blade Runner Blues and deserted, sparkly streets on the walk home.
About the author
Writer dancing on the knife edge of sanity between the Mersey, the Dee, and the Irish Sea. Purveyor of weird, dark stories and poems for the broken-hearted. Love Dystopian, Crime, Horror, Sci-Fi and Adventure fiction. Author of “A Smaller Hell”, released as an e-book in 2012. Works completed but not yet published include novels “The Horseman’s Dream”, “Knights of Snowdonia”, “Grey Noise” and screenplay “Diary of a Caveman”. Current WIP is a metaphysical eco-revenge stage play exploring the dark side of Mother Nature. Interested in VR as a cross-platform story-telling tool. Other interests include boxing, Blues, Absurdism, Surrealism, Gothic literature, fishing, cigars, fires on the beach, Nature, films (David Lynch, Stanley Kubrick, Terry Gilliam, Peter Mullan, David Cronenberg) and cooking. Big fan of J.G. Ballard, George Orwell, Aldous Huxley, Iain Banks and H.G. Wells.